Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wedding Cake!

I made my first wedding cake!!


I made this cake for my friend Candace's wedding. She had a chocolate a pool colored wedding. I made the flowers on the cake using gum paste. They are little pool colored gerbera daisies. This was my first time working with gum paste and I was amazed at how fast the flowers dried. This was also the first time that I have baked and stacked a large cake. It was quite an experience! I gave the cake a pearl sheen with my airbrush and I think it really dressed up the cake.

I felt like the cake boss delivering the cake. I was soooo worried that it would fall apart during the delivery. We had to drive about an hour on a rough road to deliver the cake. I am so glad that I bought an instructional video on stacking cakes. It was VERY helpful! The cake remained very sturdy throughout the drive.

The beautiful bride and groom loved the cake! Tuff is hiding a huge piece of fondant behind his back. There was a little cake war.

1 comment:

  1. You did a fantastic job on your first wedding cake, looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete