Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kari & Ellie's Barnyard Baby Shower


My friend, Kari, is having a baby girl in September and naming her Ellie. I was asked to make the cake for her barnyard themed baby shower. This cake was the centerpiece on the table and everyone loved it! It was a lemon cake with lemon frosting (Kari's favorite).

I actually airbrushed the fondant this time. It was my first time using the airbrust that my husband bought for me! I was nervous, but the cake turned out great! I learn all kinds of new things with each cake. On this cake, I learned how to make grass with buttercream frosting and how to use my new airbrush. I had a lot of fun making this cake, as I do with every cake that I make!

I think my barnyard cake might be my husband's new favorite. He actually took close up pictures of each little farm animal because he thinks they are so great! I think I could use a little practice, but they aren't too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment